Internationally Competitive Manufacturing Customer-Oriented Technology Development.
Key Technology Co., Ltd. (Formerly Kanto Gas Cutting Co., Ltd.) was established in 1983 as part of the Katsushiro Group. Since our inception, in order to meet the requirements of our valued customers we have focused on actively expanding our business through a range of initiatives, including human resource development, skill and technology development, adopting state-of-the-art facilities and overseas expansion and have continued to deliver products and services that you can trust. In commemoration of our 30th anniversary, we changed our name from Kanto Gas Cutting Co., Ltd. to Key Technology Co., Ltd. Our new name carries on the history of the “K” in Kanto Gas Cutting from the Katsushiro Group and represents our aim of establishing ourselves as a company with world-class technologies.
Under our unchanging motto Magokoro (total sincerity), Key Technology will continue to focus on enhancing our corporate value in the eyes of our varied stakeholders, employees and society and remain committed to sustained business expansion while remaining true to our management philosophy.
- To grow as an individual who embraces the concept of total sincerity
- To provide customer service with total sincerity
- To grow as a company that embraces the concept of total sincerity
Sincerity:To undertake everything with dedication and with the best of intentions in order to earn the trust of those close to you.
- １．To ensure each and every one of us continues to grow and to become an organization for the people that can contribute to the further development of society through superior manufacturing that is in demand by our customers and society.
- ２．To continue to refine our skills, technologies and business operations to accommodate the needs of our customers and society.
- ３．To continue to enhance our competitiveness and ensure fair profits under a policy of freedom and independence to realize sustainable growth for the Company and enriched and happy lives, both physically and spiritually for each and every one of us.
- ４．To promote business activities that provide new value and contribute to further social development, giving prosperity to us at Key Technology, our clients, the local community and society as a whole.
One-Company One-Technology Business/Model Business for IT Promotion
Since its inception, Key Technology has continued to invest in information technology. Today, managerial staff, office workers and employees down on the work floor are linked by a network, enabling them to share a range of information in real time, including order, production and inventory data. With online orders, communication via e-mail and the exchange of CAD data fast becoming the norm in today’s society, our unique CAD/CAM system, built harnessing our expertise in cutting processes, are garnering high acclaim, resulting in our selection as a One-Company One-Technology Business by the Gunma prefectural government in 2000. Key Technology was also designated a Model Business for IT Promotion by the Gunma prefectural government in 2001 in recognition of our new sales and production management system, specifically designed to cater to our high-mix, low-volume production requirements and ever-shortening deadlines.
Designated by the Gunma Prefectural Government as a Model Small-Medium Enterprise Plant
Since 2001, Key Technology has been designated a Model Small-Medium Enterprise Plant by the Gunma prefectural government in recognition of our dedicated approach to solving business challenges and technological improvement. The results we have achieved have earned us a reputation as an innovative solutions provider with unique technologies backed by solid management and business performance.
Future Goals and Challenges
To mark our 30th anniversary, we changed our name to Key Technology Co., Ltd. This name embodies our aspirations to become known as a company with world-class technologies. With our plant in Japan serving as our mother plant, we are committed to further developing our unique skills and technologies in order to offer you more added value and further reinforce our bonds of trust with you. In addition, we are planning to expand our operations to the global level with the aim of responding to the ever-changing overseas strategies of our customers.
- March 1983
Established Kanto Gas Cutting Co., Ltd. at its current location as a production base for the Katsushiro Group in eastern Japan.
Capital: 80 million yen / Premises: 8,700m² / Buildings: 5,000m²
- April 1984
- Increased capital to 200 million yen.
- December 1987
Commenced construction on 1st expansion project.
Expanded cutting/secondary processing department.
Premises: 12,600m² / Buildings: 7,400m²
- December 1989
Commenced construction on 2nd expansion project.
Expanded cutting/secondary processing department.
Premises: 19,200m² / Buildings: 12,100m²
- April 1994
- Established laser cutting plant.
- April 1995
- Established gas cutting plant.
- April 1997
- Installed cutting CAD/CAM system LGA700Ｗ developed in-house.
- October 1997
- Installed 1,600t long press machine.
- October 1999
Capital: 216.8 million
Installed sales/production management system KS2000.
- March 2000
- Installed 1,250t long press machine.
- May 2000
- Obtained approval for Business Innovation Plan from Gunma Prefectural Government in line with the Law on Supporting Business Innovation of Small and Medium Enterprises.
- November 2000
Designated by Gunma Prefectural Government as a One-Company One-Technology Business.
Installed large 3,000t press machine.
- June 2001
- Designated by Gunma Prefectural Government as a Model Small-Medium Enterprise Plant.
- October 2001
- Designated by Gunma Prefectural Government as a Model Business for IT Promotion.
- August 2003
- Obtained ISO9001 : 2000 accreditation
- September 2003
- Established Kanto Precision Machinery of Tangshan Co.,Ltd in Tangshan City, Hebei Province, China.
- October 2003
Constructed new fabrication and welding plant.
Installed 5 face machining center and welding robots etc.
- August 2004
- Production started at Kanto Precision Machinery of Tangshan Co.,Ltd.
- January 2009
- Obtained ISO14001 accreditation, Commenced operation of mini-hydraulic excavator assembly process.
- March 2013
- 30-year anniversary.
- April 2013
- Changed name to Key Technology Co., Ltd.
- December 2014
- Completed new plant (Premises: 40,100m² / Buildings: 11,300m²), installed large horizontal boring machine.
- December 2015
- Completed construction of head office Plant No.2 (Premises: 7,600m² / Buildings: 5,400m²).
- March 2016
- Received Gunma Prefecture Blue Chip Company Award in the Manufacturing Division
Developed masking robot (patent obtained)
- May 2017
- Installed large roll bender.
- June 2017
- Installed fiber laser cutting machine.
- September 2017
- Relocated head office (Building: 1080m²).